About the role
For one of our clients, a leading mobility company, we're looking for an Engineering Manager, to be responsible for leading and guiding the most important part of the engineering organization, their people.
They expect Managers to code a part of their time, this is not a pure management position.
They have high interaction with other teams and business areas. This means nurturing our culture of collaboration, communication, and coordination between and within teams.
All these tasks deeply impact the company's ability to be a profitable business, and they involve processing data in high volumes with precision and speed, offering an unique challenge from a purely engineering point of view.
They practice strong ownership on the services, continuous integration, strive for high observability, engage in constant peer code reviews & pair programming, and work hard to give back to the software community through open-source contributions.
Prior to taking on engineering management, you likely were a senior individual contributor with a comprehensive understanding of complex systems that you were a vital part of developing & launching over the years.
This has given you the perspective to help other engineers prioritise their tasks, shape their career decisions, and face tricky challenges.
- Lead a team of diverse and talented software engineers with different levels of expertise.
- Drive technical projects to success and provide leadership in a fast paced environment.
- Think critically about the longterm career development of team members
conduct regular checkins and 1:1s with team members.
- Communicate across cross functional teams suchas product analytics, marketing creative, and design.
- Contribute technically to projects by being a hands on coder as necessary and removing roadblocks.
- Lead prioritization efforts and provide mentorship to others.
- Be the best friend of teams product manager working in tandem to analyze problems and execution plans.
- Deeply care about the happiness of others.
- Directly report and get support from the head of engineering of your group.
- Great alignment with our principles we take this very seriously.
- A knack for effective and clear communication in all circumstances.
- Hands-on people management andor technical leadership experience.
- A passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity.
- Extensive professional experience in software development working on robust complex systems that serve a high volume of users.
- An appreciation for engineering best practices and quality over quantity of work.
- Ability to handle ambiguous problems and make the trade offs without compromising quality.
- Experience working with remote and partially remote team members.
- Ability to understand diagnose and effectively articulate technicalchallenges and solutions.
- Experience with distributed multi tiered systems micro services and relational no sql cloud databases.
- Experience in Ruby, Go, Andor, Elixir.
- Experience in modern frontend development usingsome framework and library like react angular or vue.
- Experience with distributed system communication performance analysis and optimization.
What's in for your
- excellent salary conditions: EM L4 45-65k; Sr EM L5 55-85k; your salary level will be set according to your technical competence during the interview cycle not based on your previous work experience.
- they also offer a very competitive stock options plan
- recharge day every 3rd friday monthly off
- hybrid remote model our office is located in madrid but a fully remote position is also available for this role
- flexible work environment hours
- regular team events
- staff free rides
- personal development programs based on ourcareer paths
- annual budget for training
- flexible compensation plan restaurant ticketstransport tickets healthcare and childcare
- all the equipment you need you only have tobring your talent
- a pet room so you don't have to leave your furry friend at home
- and last but not leastfree coffee and fruit
If this sounds like a challange that you'd like to take, hit the "Appy Now" button!